Waterfall Wednesdays #5
Waterfall by Lisa T Bergren
Discussion 5: Chapters 24-28
Today's Questions Hosted by Irresistible Reads
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?
I really don't think I would have. Obviously something is amiss if he would not tell Gabi what was in it. We know in modern times that people can even be allergic to some herbs, etc. I would have found some reason for them to test the tonic first.
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
I completely agree with Lia. There was no reason to let him win. The girls were already famous, per se, so what would've been the point to hide their talents? I believe that Lord Forabosch thought that emotions would get the best of Lia and make her falter. Thankfully, they did not :)
3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
When one is in true love, everything seems crazy. I believe that Marcello actually thought she might have been crazy, but what would you do if the love of your life lay dying in front of you? I don't believe he truly believed until he witnessed it first hand.
4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
5. Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?
I honestly could not put this book down. I got it as a free download from Kindle and thought I'd get around to reading it sometime, but once I started and found the read along, I never looked back. I am halfway through Cascade now and cannot wait to start Torrent! Since I homeschool, we take many trips to the library and we set aside time each day for reading novels. Guess what I choose? River of Time!