Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Iron King

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) I was compelled to read this by a young adult I met through one of my favorite author's twitter page. We both loved the other author's work and were beside ourselves trying to determine what to read next. Normally I would expect a book about Faeries and Talking Trees to be a bit out of my reach. It just didn't sound to me like something I would enjoy. Perhaps I was trying to tie all books magical to Harry Potter. How unfair to any author.

After my new friend finished the book, she made me promise to read it. I picked it up and told myself I wasn't going to like it. I would soon find out this was incorrect. I did feel that some of it was slow at first, but looking back I agree that everything I found to be a bit boring, were actually very important. Once I told myself that these creatures are fantasy and completely dived into the entire scene, I found it very enticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment