Monday, July 15, 2013

Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon

Outlander (Outlander, #1)Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Words cannot express my love for this series. I read this the first time back in High School over 20 years ago. It conjures so many emotions when read. Some may call it a chic flick, but I'm telling you it is not. I'm having the hubby read/listen to it now. Years ago we would listen to parts of it together, but I was too impatient to wait on him, therefore, he never finished it.

This is first and foremost historical fiction and involves time travel. Yes, there is strong romance, but it is fueled by History. That being said, those of you who do not care about Scottish History, will not be bored by the story at all. Diana Gabaldon is an extraordinary author. This is a series you will read and reread for years to come.

This book is an adult book or maybe mature teen. There is sex involved, which is part of married life, so don't be surprised by this. Also, one has to remember that women were treated differently in these times. Do not compare today's woman with either of Claire's time frames.

One name... James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser. Yes, that is all one has to say about this book. It will make you cry, laugh, and face your deepest inner emotions. Come join us on this amazing Outlander experience. Book one will not be enough. Trust me.

And for those of you thinking you do not wish to read anything like this, know this...Starz has just announced they will be airing 16 episodes based on Diana Gabaldon's Outlander in the Spring 2014. There are FB pages and Twitter groups galore. Don't you want to be a part of this adventure? I know I do!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment